Art Show Rules and Regulations
1. Art must be of a Science Fiction, Fantasy or related theme.
2. Art must be framed, matted, or mounted suitable for hanging. Also, it should be protected for normal handling.
3. Art must be clearly identified by title, artist name and address (on the back of the piece).
4. Art must be either an original work, or a signed and numbered print.
NOTE: WORK BELIEVED TO BE LIBELOUS, PLAGIARISTIC, OR OVERLY OFFENSIVE WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED AT THE ART SHOW DIRECTOR'S DISCRETION. REFUNDS WILL NOT BE ISSUED.
5. If you attend the convention you must purchase a membership.
6. All unsold art must be picked up on Sunday at 4:00pm - NO SOONER. Artwork not picked up by 6:00pm will be moved to the Operations room for safekeeping.
7. Those requiring an early checkout must notify the Artshow Director before the close of the show on Saturday.
8. Any unsold items which are not picked up, will be returned to the Artist/Agent at their own expense.
9. Control and Bid Sheets can be made available ahead of time, if requested. Contact the Artshow Director for the amounts of each that are needed.
10. Prices on the control and bid sheets will be in Canadian funds. If you are an American artist and unsure on how to convert funds, please provide a separate list with the U.S. prices and we will convert them for you.
11. Three dimensional art works must have a stable base, or be able to sit on a flat surface without risk of damage.
12. The displayee must provide display cases or covers, if the display requires them.
13. Panel and/or table space must be reserved in advance - panel and/or table fees must accompany requests for space. All display fees are due upon submission of the application.
14. Cancellation must be made in writing at least two months prior to the convention.
15. All items sold by Keycon in either the Artshow or Art Auction are subject to a 15% commission.
16. All payment cheques will be sent out within 30 days of the convention.
17. For U.S. artists, Keycon will convert earnings to U.S. funds.
18. Cheques will be made payable to the artist unless otherwise requested in writing.
19. Canadians will receive cheques in Canadian funds.
If you cannot attend the convention, but wish to display your art, we have drop points in both Canada and the U.S - e-mail us for further details.
American Artists -
From your drop point, all collected artwork FOR THE ARTSHOW will be sent via our customs broker to Keycon. As long as you follow the parameters, Keycon will cover the broker fees. Specific instructions will be sent with your information packages when you have reserved your space.
ARTISTS WITH DEALER'S TABLES MUST MAKE THEIR OWN CUSTOMS ARRANGEMENTS.
Canadian Artists -
transportation BOTH WAYS, MUST BE AT THE EXPENSE OF THE ARTIST/AGENT who is sending.